The motto of the church is displayed on the outside of the building, “Where God guides, He provides.” True Fellowship Baptist Church began with 54 charter members who adopted a new Church Covenant, the Baptist Articles of Faith and elected the Rev. Robert K. Gordon as pastor.
The church conducted its first Worship Service on Sunday, April 4, 2004 at the Booker T. Anderson Community Center in Richmond. From June 2004 until March 2010, the congregation met for Sunday Worship at the Ohlone Community Center in Hercules. Members shared their homes for Wednesday evening Bible classes, quarterly business meetings, Deacon, Usher Board, and Women’s Mission meetings.
God opened a door for True Fellowship to be birthed with new life and a new vision. He showered His amazing grace upon them, and on April 3, 2010, chu
rch members marched into their new building. The Lord placed the church in a community that has a great need, and True Fellowship responded, “We are here Lord, ready to serve.”
Since that beginning, God has done great things. Members prepare holiday baskets for people in need; collect and distribute coats, gloves,and hats during the winter; and once a month, they have a clothing and food give-a-way in the church parking lot.
The Pastor’s vision led them through the night to the marvelous light; however the vision is not complete, the journey is not over – it has only just begun.
Everyone is welcome to celebrate Tue Fellow Baptist’s 8th Year Church Anniversary on Sunday, April 1 at 3 p.m. , 1213 Fred Jackson Way, Richmond. For information call (510) 215-8322.